Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Proposal and 'The Poop'



I've moved my blog...  http://thegoodthebadandthesweaty.blogspot.com/


Check it out and let me know what you think!






This post is a little late, but I didn't have a blog around the time Max proposed to me. (You're gonna have to read all the way to the end to find out about 'The Poop'.

With that said, here it is!


Max planned a short weekend trip to San Francisco, so I could have one last "hurrah" in the city before starting my credential year. We aren't usually ones to plan out entire weekends, but this time Max was on a mission.  He completely mapped every single thing we would do for the whole weekend.  He even planned time for me to go shopping...he literally thought of everything.

We first checked in at the Westin and headed straight to Union Square. (This guy knows how to make his lady happy!) After a short hour of shopping, Max drug me out of Macy's, and we headed over to the San Francisco Zoo.  Anybody that has traveled through the city knows that it takes forever to drive anywhere!  That was especially true this weekend, and by the time we arrived we only had 40 minutes to explore the entire zoo.  Our relaxed walk through the zoo turned into a race to see as many animals before the gates closed.

(We tried to get as many pictures of animals as we could, but we eventually gave up and ran like crazy people through the zoo.)








                                                        *Don't know what he was going for*
                                                                   *Scared kitty face*


If you have a zoo trip coming any time soon, I recommend going right before it closes.  The zoo is practically empty, you get to see animals up close, and running around like a crazy person is much more thrilling!



After our trip to the zoo we headed straight to Ocean Beach. Even though it was cold and cloudy that evening, I was happy to go because Max had planned this for us (and I wanted him to feel like he was successful in planning an awesome weekend).  As we walked along the water I started to freeze over!  I probably should have listened to Max when he said bring cold weather clothes, but I am a horrible packer... Oops! Max, being the gentleman he is, gave me his jacket.  I wondered why he didn't just want to head back.  We were both cold and there really wasn't a reason for us to stay there...  He then became really quite and  kept turning around like he was looking for someone or something. I started to become suspicious and asked him what he was looking for. "Nothing." is all he said, but I knew that wasn't true.  I figured I wouldn't ask anymore questions, because I had the feeling something was up and didn't want to ruin it.

We walked farther and farther along the freezing cold beach until we came across a wine bottle with a note poking out of the neck.  Max pointed at the bottle and said, "What is that?"  I knew it had to be for me, but to save myself from embarrassment I asked, "Is that for me?"  Max looked back at me and said, "No."

DA'FUQ?! Why'd you point it out then??!

I pretended like I wasn't annoyed and kept walking. It took Max less than a second to stop me and say, "Why don't you see what it is?"  (Really? You just told me it's not for me... ) I figured I would play along; After all, Max was just trying to keep the element of surprise alive (A for effort!). I grabbed the bottle and pulled out the letter tied together by a red string.  My heart was beating fast and I knew that he was finally going to ask, but the damn red string was impossible to untie! I think Max and I played with that string for five awkward minutes until it magically came undone.  Finally the string was off and I was able to read the letter Max had written for me... I won't go into detail about what was said but it was the sweetest thing ever, and yes I still have it!


Suddenly, out of the middle of nowhere, a strange man with a giant camera approached us and started taking pictures. Paparazzi?? Psshhh, yeah right. Turns out Max hired a hidden photographer to catch the moment AND had both of our parents come out. I scored with this guy.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from our engagement.



  


















 My Parents 

 His Parents 

  Very nice! 





The Poop - So the next morning we went for an early walk to Pier 39. The streets were empty and the morning was gorgeous.  We were soaking in our first morning as an engaged couple, and were talking about how awesome it is to be in SF. That is...until we ran across a GIANT turd (human poop) on the sidewalk. Oh the wonders of San Francisco!  We just about died laughing.  I don't think we will be able to reminisce about our proposal weekend without thinking about 'The Poop'... 





- Lindsey


6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet proposal! I love that he hired a photographer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith! I was so surprised he thought of doing that.. He must have looked at my Pinterest board! LOL

      Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
    2. Pinterest has lots of great ideas, ha ha!

      I love your writing style! I'm excited to follow your blog.

      Delete
  2. That is sweet of you! Thank you :)

    Do you have a blog that I can follow as well??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Your proposal was so so so sweet! I loved that you had a secret photographer! And your ring is gorgeous, unique and classy! Love this post! I am excited to follow your blog!
    Cheers!
    www.simplyfranee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Franee! I have moved my blog to this address http://thegoodthebadandthesweaty.blogspot.com/ Feel free to follow me here! I'm glad you like my proposal story :)

      Delete