Thursday, June 13, 2013

(Not Really) Homemade Tortilla Chips

I have always said that chips are my biggest weakness!  If I have a bag of chips in front of me, I have no problem finishing the bag in one sitting.  Since I have a wedding coming up, and I would like to fit in my dress, I've cut back my intake substantially. I do like to indulge on occasion though :) 

Here are some (not really) homemade corn tortilla chips that I made the other day.  Max loved them, and so did I!  The best thing about these chips is they are SUPER easy/quick to make, they taste way better than any tortilla chips from the store, they're cheap, and it's easier to control how many you eat by only cooking a little at a time! 

Ingredients: 
White Corn Tortillas 
Olive Oil 
Salt 


Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
  2. Cut the tortilla chips into sixths 
  3. Spray the baking sheet with olive oil
  4. Place tortilla pieces onto the baking sheet 
  5. Spray olive oil onto the tortilla pieces 
  6. Sprinkle salt onto tortilla pieces 
  7. Place in the oven for about 5 minutes 
  8. When the tortilla pieces are browned on the side facing down, flip them over.
  9. Sprinkle more salt onto the tortilla pieces
  10. Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the chips are golden brown.
  11. Eat 'em while they're hot! 
(Told you these were easy.) 


This bag of tortilla chips was less than $5.00 at Costco.  I only used about 6 tortillas for this batch, and the whole bag has 32! 







 If you couldn't already tell... I love taking pictures of food! 

- Lindsey 



1 comment:

  1. I do this with pita! Soooo good. I'll definitely have to try it with tortillas. :)

    ReplyDelete